We accept walk-ins but we do suggest you call ahead to make sure we have available time for your tattoo.
Our shop minimum is $60
Our hourly rate is $120 per hour.
Students and Military get %20 off the cost of their tattoo with a valid School/Military ID.
*We do not have a piercer on staff.*
In order to make an appointment with any of our artists we must first collect a non-refundable deposit of $60. The deposit is applied to the cost of the tattoo on the day that it is completed unless there is a less than 72 hour cancellation or a no-show.
The deposit is collected on the day of the consultation with cash or credit card or via a phone call if a consultation appointment is deemed unnecessary. If it is collected over the phone we simply ask for your credit card information and take care of the deposit.To make an online deposit, please email your artist (contact page) and they will send you a PayPal Payment Request link.
The artist will book the appointment through email or phone. Our receptionists don’t have access to the artists schedules as we all make our own appointments. This is to avoid any double bookings or other confusion caused by miss-communication.
A no-show is an immediate forfeit of your deposit.
We have to take the deposit to cover our time and this is why:
- If there is a need to reschedule we like to schedule someone else in that opening. If we only have a day or two to book it it’s usually not possible as most of our clients are busy professionals and parents. Having at least three days to go through our waiting lists or contact clients gives us a little more time for planning.
- If the appointment opening isn’t booked due to lack of time or someone not showing up it leaves us with hours of time that should have been working time. Since we only get paid when we are tattooing we lose out on any chance of income during that time. This can be a missed opportunity of anywhere from $80 of lost income to upwards of $600 (depending on our hourly rate and the percentage that we receive as pay out from the studio). As you can see, the deposit usually doesn’t cover all of the income we would have made that day but it helps a little.
- If the appointment is simply canceled and not rescheduled we need to get paid for the time we spent drawing the tattoo design and consulting in person or through email. Sometimes we spend a half hour drawing a design and sometimes we spend six hours drawing a design. We spend this time designing because we trust that we will be paid for the drawing time when we do the tattoo. If the tattoo is never done then we have spent a lot of time drawing without any compensation.
- Some of our artists drive up to an hour to work at Sailor’s Cross because we love this studio. Since we are not paid by the hour we are only here when we have appointments. If we drive in and then find that our appointment has canceled when we arrive we are not only out the income that we would have made that day but also the round trip drive that we make to get here.
- If the artist draws a design for you and you decide to change the subject matter of the tattoo then the deposit will pay for their time doing the drawings for the original subject. They will then need a new deposit to go toward the new drawings and tattoo. Additionally, if there is more than 3 changes or adjustments made to the drawing they will need a new deposit so that they are fairly compensated for their drawing time. This makes it fair for everyone. The artist is paid for their time and you get exactly what you want tattooed. Your artist will inform you of the additional charges according the the situation.
- What if you don’t like the drawing? This is very, very rare as most people choose their artist based on the style that they are already good at. If it does happen, we can redraw up to three times before a new deposit is needed. If there is never an agreed on drawing then the artist needs to be compensated for the time they spent drawing and the time they spent consulting. We are happy to help you find another artist in our studio or even at another studio. We’re willing to do anything we can to help you get the tattoo you are dreaming of. Ultimately, it’s a commissioned piece of art and the artist needs to be paid for the time they spent working. If you decide to work with another artist we will need to collect another deposit for that artist.
We would all love to be able to create our art for free but we are all full time tattoo artists and depend on this income to support ourselves and our families. We want to offer you an awesome tattoo and also a great experience getting it.
Frustration over missed appointments can tarnish a great experience for all of us.
Missed appointments also result in a forfeit of your deposit.
*There is one important note. We keep a very clean studio and need to be attentive to germs and infection risk. If you are sick or contagious in any way please call us to reschedule your appointment and we will discuss the deposit at that time.